Veterinary Council of India (VCI) New Delhi was established in 1989 by Ministry ofAgriculture, Government of India as a statutory body under Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984 (52 of 1984), to regulate Veterinary practice and Veterinary education across the country.
The VCI New Delhi comprises of 27 members (14 nominated, 11 elected & 2 ex-officio), which looks after various committees (Executive Committee, Finance Committee, Regulation Committee, Education Committee, Registration Committee, Examination Committee, Disciplinary Committee, and Liaison Committee) constituted by it to look after its functioning.
For undertaking the various activities of The VCI New Delhi, the council is provided financial assistance by Department of Animal Husbandry & Dairying, Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India under a Plan Scheme titled “Professional Efficiency Development”.
After the establishment of Veterinary Council of India (The VCI New Delhi ) various states have also established their own state veterinary councils. Thus today all states and union territories have their own veterinary council, which follow the provisions laid down in the Indian Veterinary Council Act (1984).
Activities of VCI New Delhi
The Veterinary Council of India The VCI New Delhi undertakes the following activities
• Framing of Regulations
• Preparation and maintenance of Indian Veterinary Practitioners’Register (IVPR)
• Regulation of Veterinary Practice
• Maintenance of Minimum Standard of Veterinary Education
• Recognition of Veterinary Qualification
• Holding of All India Pre-Veterinary Test
• Extension of Indian Veterinary Council Act
• Constitution of State Veterinary Council
• Constitution of Disciplinary Committee as per the Provision of Indian Veterinary Council Act, 1984.
• Holding of Orientation Training Programme
• Preparation of Electoral Roll
• Holding of Seminar / Conference / Workshop / Zonal Meeting etc
• Office Building of the Council
• Regulations proposed / amended
The contact address of The VCI New Delhi is given below:
Veterinary Council of India
A- Wing, IInd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan,
Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi – 110066
Phone : + 91 – 11 -26184149 / 26184354
Fax : +91 – 11 – 26182434
Website : http://www.vci.nic.in