Thapar University ME MTECH Admission 2018 Seats Application Form Eligibility: Thapar University, Patiala, Punjab offers Postgraduate programs leading to a Master’s degree in Engineering and Technology. As per Thapar University Admission Notification 2018 applications are invited for admission to PG programs of various departments. Students with valid GATE Score are given preference in PG Programs. PG Course can be undertaken after graduation.
Eligibility Criteria for ME / MTECH admission at Thapar University 2018
The admission in ME / MTECH from Thapar University will be made on following criteria:
- The candidate should have a valid GATE Score in respective discipline.
- The candidate should have scored minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks in the aggregate in the qualifying examination from a recognized University. Sponsored Candidates with 55% marks in the qualifying examination are eligible for admission. Such candidates must have a minimum of two years of full time work experience.
If seats remaining vacant after offering seats to the GATE qualified candidates,the admission will be made on the basis of following method:
(1) For CSED, MED, CED and ECED: The seats remaining vacant, shall be filled by conducting offline entrance test. Admission to M.E./M.Tech. programme shall be open to candidates who obtain at least 60% (55% for SC/ST/Industry sponsored) marks in the aggregate in the qualifying examination from a recognised University.
(2) In other departments/schools: The seats remaining vacant seats shall be filled on the basis of merit prepared as follows
30% weightage to 12th marks and
70% weightage to B.E./B.Tech. marks (upto end of pre-final year).
The candidate should secure minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST/Industry sponsored) in B.E./B.Tech.
If M.Sc. is qualifying exam, the seats remaining vacant shall be filled on the basis of merit prepared as follows
50% weightage to B.Sc. marks and
50% weightage to M.Sc. marks (upto end of pre-final year). The candidate should secure minimum 60% (55% for SC/ST/Industry sponsored) in M.Sc.
Thapar University ME MTECH Seats 2018
- 1% over and above seats are reserved for children of employees of Thapar University.
- 5 seats in each regular discipline are available for FN/NRI candidates.
See below link Qualifying examination for M.E./M.Tech. programme.
Thapar University ME / MTech Admission 2018 Application Form
The candidates can fill an online application form which is available at www.thapar.edu. Pay application fee online or through DD. Do not send any document if application fee is paid through an online transfer.
However, if the application fee is paid through demand draft in favour of Thapar University payable at Patiala, then filled downloaded application form along with demand draft of application fee, must be sent by post/courier/speed post or by hand to the following address on or before the last date of submission of application.
In-charge Admission Cell, Thapar University
Bhadson Road, Patiala, Pin -147004, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Fee is Rs. 1500/-
Application Form for Admission to PG Programs Session 2018-19. Apply here
Last date for receipt of completed application forms: June 30, 2018
M.E./M.Tech. Admission Schedule Important Dates
For GATE Qualified Candidates:
Date of counselling for CSED AND ECED: 05 July 2018
Date of counselling for EIED, MED, CED, BTD, SEE, CHED, SPMS: 06 July 2018
Display of vacant seats in various disciplines : 09 July 2018
Schedule of Offline Entrance Test for admission to vacant seats
For CSED: 11 July 2018 (3.00 to 05.00 PM)
For ECED, MED, CED 11 July (12.00 to 2.00 PM)
Find details of Entrance Test for ME MTech vacant seats Thapar University 2018 from below link
Counselling Schedule for the vacant seats
Date of counselling for CSED AND ECED: 18 July 2018
Date of counselling for EIED, MED, CED, BTD, SEE, CHED, SPMS: 19 July 2018
Last Round of counselling for vacant seats, if any : July 27, 2018
[box title=”Related” style=”soft”]
- Qualifying examination for M.E./M.Tech. programme at Thapar University
- Entrance Test for ME MTech vacant seats Thapar University 2018