MG University UG Grades, attendance Rules and Regulations UG applicable for the students admitted during the Academic Year 2016-2017
Mahatma Gandhi University, Nalgonda, Telangana rules and regulations for the three Year Undergraduate Programme of Faculties of Science, Social Sciences, Arts, Commerce w.e.f Academic Year 2016 – 17. The Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) is offered only to the students admitted in Constituent Colleges and Affiliated Colleges of Mahatma Gandhi University from the Academic Year 2016-2017.
MG University Duration and Programme of Study
The program duration is 06 semesters (03 years). Each academic year shall consists of two semesters.
MG University Attendance Rules
The candidate should have an attendance minimum 75%. There is a provision for condonation of attendance for the students who have attendance between ≥ 65% and < 75% due to Medical Grounds on payment of a fee and submitting medical certificate
Absence up to 20 days per semester may be allowed for candidates participation in N.C.C/N.S.S Camps or inter collegiate or inter University or inter State or international matches or debates or educational excursions or such other inter University activities.
MG University Scheme of Instruction and Examination
- Semester End Examination (SEE) of Ability Enhancement Compulsory Course (AECC) shall be conducted by the MG University and its marks shall be considered for SGPA and CGPA.
- AECC has 2 credits and will be evaluated for 50 marks: 10 marks internal assessment; 40 marks for Semester End exam.
- Pattern of internal evaluation in UG Core and Elective papers (4 and 5 credit courses / papers) is two internal assessment tests of 20 (10 × 2) marks each to be averaged.
- Two Internal Assessment / Examinations should be conducted per paper per semester without any retest. Average of two tests to be taken.
- The Internal Assessment test is required to be conducted as per the schedule prescribed by the University. Candidate unable to appear for the test for whatever reasons, he/she will be deemed to be detained. However, relaxation is given to conduct retest before last date of the semester in case of absentee due to acute medical reasons and natural calamities.
- There shall be no internal exam for practical courses. Each 1 Credit Practical examination is evaluated at the end of the semester for 25 marks. The Evaluations is required to be done by both internal and external examiners.
- For subjects wherever practical examinations exist, the pass marks for such practical paper shall be 50%. The practical examinations shall be conducted with one internal and one external examiners. There shall be no internal assessment test for practical/laboratory work.
MG University Grading System
The grading system table is given below for UG program:
|Grade||% Marks range||Grade Point|
|O||85 to 100||10|
|A+||70 to < 85||9|
|A||60 to < 70||8|
|B+||55 to <60||7|
|B||50 to < 55||6|
|C||40 to < 50||5|
MG University UG Rules of promotion
Following are the rules of promotion:
|1||From 1st Semester to 2nd Semester||The students shall get promotion, if they have min attendance requirement.|
|From 2nd Semester to 3rd Semester||Undergone a Regular Course of study of Semesters-l and ll.and
The student must have secured at least 50% of credits prescribed for 1st semester & 2nd semester put together. Following shall be rule for backlogs:
|Number of papers/ subjects prescribed for Semesters-I & II||Number of backlogs permitted|
|2||From 3rd Semester to 4th Semester||Undergone a Regular Course of study of Semester-Ill and registered* for Semester- III examination.|
|3||From 4th Semester to 5th Semester||Undergone a Regular Course of study of Semesters-l, II, III and IV and No. of backlogs credits for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th sem put together shall not exceed 50% of the total numbers of credits prescribed for the 3rd and 4th Semester. Following shall be rule for backlogs:|
|Number of papers/ subjects prescribed for Semesters-I, II, lII and IV||No of backlog permitted|
|4||From 5th Semester to 6th Semester||Undergone a Regular Course of study of Semester-V and registered* for Semester – V examination|
*Registration means obtaining a hall ticket for the said examination
If backlogs of a candidate are more than permitted, the candidate will be detained.
Award of Divisions/ Distinction
first class percentage in mg university
First Division with Distinction CGPA from 9.00 to 10.00
First Division CGPA from 8.00 to 8.99
Second Division with 55% CGPA 7.00
Second Division CGPA from 6.00 to 7.99
Pass Division CGPA from 5.00 to 5.99
Visit Mahatma Gandhi University, Nalgonda, Telangana