JNTUK R16 Promotion Rules for B.Tech Lateral Entry Students Applicable for the students admitted in the Academic Year 2017-2018
JNTUK Promotion Rules for Lateral Entry Students
Minimum Academic Requirements (For Lateral Entry Students)
The following academic requirements have to be satisfied:
- A student shall be required to secure not less than 35% of marks in the end examination and a minimum of 40% of marks in the sum total of the internal evaluation and end examination taken together.
- A student shall be promoted from 3rd year to 4th year only if he secure 40% credits of the subjects that have been studied upto 3rd year I semester or 3rd year II semester from all the examinations, whether or not the candidate takes the examinations and secures prescribed minimum attendance in 3rd year II semester.
- A student shall register and secure 132 credits.
Award of B.Tech. Degree Lateral Entry
JNTUK lateral entry student shall be eligible for the award of the B.Tech. degree if following academic requirements are fulfilled:
- Students shall complete a course of study in minimum 03 academic years and in maximum 06 academic years.
- Regular entry students shall register 132 credits and secure 132 credits.
Award of class
For lateral entry students, the class will be awarded from the CGPA secured from 132 Credits from II Year to IV Year.
You may be interested in
Above rules are subject to change from time to time.
Visit official website of JNTUK JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY KAKINADA http://www.jntuk.edu.in/