JNTUK R16 CBCS Promotion Attendance Rules for B.Tech Applicable for the students admitted in the Academic Year 2016-2017
JNTUK Distribution of Internal & External Marks
The performance of a student in each course shall continuously be evaluated as given here:
Theory Subject 100 marks: (30 internal + 70 External)
30 marks for Internal Evaluation:
30 marks – 2 Mid term examination consists of Descriptive – 15, Assignment – 05 (Theory, Simulation, Design, Analysis, Algorithms, Drawing, etc. as the case may be and for Physics, Virtual Labs to be considered as Assignments) Objective -10 (Conducted at College level with 20 MCQ of ½ Mark each). The Objective exam (10) marks and subjective exam (15) marks are to be added to the assignment marks of 5 for finalizing internal marks for 30. Final Internal marks for a total of 30 marks shall be arrived at by considering 80% weightage to the better internal exam and 20% to the other.
For the subject having design and / or drawing, such as Engineering Drawing, Machine Drawing and Estimation, 20 marks for day-to-day work 10 marks for 02 midterm test (considering 80% weightage to the better internal exam and 20% to the other)
70 marks for the External Evaluation
Practical 75 marks
25 marks for Internal Evaluation – day to day work – 10 marks, Record-5 marks and the remaining 10 marks to be awarded by conducting an internal laboratory test.
50 marks for the External Evaluation
Project work 200 marks, Project marks are subdivided as follows:
60 marks for Internal Evaluation
140 marks for the End Semester Examination (Viva-voce)
Seminar 50 marks: it shall be evaluated internally only
JNTUK B Tech. Attendance Rules
The student should have at least 75% of attendance in aggregate of all the subjects in a semester, in order to appear for end sem examinations.
Relaxation of shortage of attendance in aggregate up to 10% in each semester may be allowed by the College Academic Committee. Shortage of Attendance below 65% in aggregate shall not be condoned and the student shall not be allowed to appear in the end sem exam.
Award of B.Tech. Degree
JNTUK student shall be eligible for the award of the B.Tech. degree if following academic requirements are fulfilled:
- Students shall complete a course of study in minimum 04 academic years and in maximum 08 academic years.
- Regular entry students shall register 180 credits and secure 180 credits.
JNTUK BTech Promotion Rules
Minimum Academic Requirements
The following academic requirements have to be satisfied:
- A student should secure minimum 35% of marks in the end examination and a minimum of 40% of marks in the sum total of the internal evaluation and end examination taken together. However, in the case of laboratory, he/she should secure minimum 40% of marks in the end examination.
- A student shall get promotion from 2nd to 3rd year only if he/she secure 40% credits of the subjects that have been studied up to 2nd year I semester OR 2nd year II semester from all the examinations, whether or not the candidate takes the examinations and secures prescribed minimum attendance in 2nd year II semester.
- A student shall be promoted from 3rd year to 4th year only if he secure 40% credits of the subjects that have been studied upto 3rd year I semester or 3rd year II semester from all the examinations, whether or not the candidate takes the examinations and secures prescribed minimum attendance in 3rd year II semester.
- A student shall register and secure 180 credits.
JNTUK Choice Based Credit System CBCS Marks Distribution
The grades to be used and their grade points are as under :
You may be interested in
Above rules are subject to change from time to time.
Visit official website of JNTUK JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY KAKINADA http://www.jntuk.edu.in/
1 thought on “JNTUK R16 CBCS Promotion Attendance Rules for B.Tech”
I got sachivalayam job in my final year of Btech.
Is there any consideration for my final semester attendance.