IEG Institute of Economic Growth DELHI was established by Prof. V.K.R.V. Rao, a pioneer in economics, in 1958. IEG Institute of Economic Growth DELHI is recognized as one of the leading research institute in the areas of economics and social development.
The IEG Institute of Economic Growth DELHI currently has focus on nine broad areas of study WHICH are as follows:
• Agriculture and rural development
• Labour and welfare
• Environment and resource economics
• Globalisation and trade, industry
• Macro economic issues and models
• Social change and social structure
• Population and health policy
To augument quality research activity in the earmarked thrust areas the IEG Institute of Economic Growth DELHI has specialized unit towards this end. These research units/centers work in different areas of economics and social economics. The research unit of IEG Institute of Economic Growth DELHI comprises of:
• Agricultural Economics Research Unit
• Development Planning Centre
• Population Research Centre
• Applied Econometrics Research Section or RBI Chair Unit
• Environmental & Resource Economics Unit
• Health Policy Research Unit
• Indian Economic Service Training Section (IES)
• Social Change and Social Structure or Sociology Unit
• Each research unit has definite task to perform in its relevant discipline.
• V.K.R.V. Rao Centre for Studies in Globalisation – Institute Of Economic Growth
Institute of Economic Growth – Activities
The institute besides conducting research in the earmarked thrust areas also carries out the following activities:
• Provides substantial inputs, on the basis of research and alliedactivities carried out by the institute, to the government/semi government and public sector enterprises.
• It also imparts special training programmes to the policy makers in government, civil society and the academic community. On regular basis it conducts training programmes for the probationers and in service officers of the Indian Economic Service.
• To efficiently perform the said function and to enhance its own research activities IEG has tieups with leading academic institutes of national and international level.
• Besides the above mentioned training schedule for the officers of the Indian Economic Service it also has been conducting training programmes for the, Indian Statistical Service, NABARD officers, researchers and teachers from Indian universities and from other Asian countries from time to time.
IEG – Contact
Contact address of IEG Institute of Economic Growth DELHI is given below:
Institute of Economic Growth
University of Delhi Enclave, North Campus,
Delhi -110007, INDIA
Phone : +91-11-27667-288/365/424
Fax : +91-11-27667410
E-mail : email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : http://www.iegindia.org