AMIE How to become a member
For appearing in AMIE exam the candidate should be a number of Institution of Engineers. Senior technician and technician members are eligible to appear in AMIE exam.
Application form for Membership of Institution of Engineers as Senior Technician (ST) / Technician (T) is available at AMIE official website https://www.ieindia.org/. The ST/T application form can also be obtained from State/Local Centres/Overseas Chapters and at the Headquarters of IEI.
Types of membership of Institution of Engineers India (IEI)
- a) Fellow – FIE (Fellow of Institution of Engineers)
- b) Member – MIE ( member of Institution of Engineers)
- c) Associate Member – AMIE ( associate member of Institution of Engineers)
- a) Student Member – SMIE ( student member of Institution of Engineers)
- b) Member Technologist – MTIE ( member Technologist of Institution of Engineers)
- c) Associate Member Technologist – AMTIE ( associate member Technologist of Institution of Engineers)
- d) Senior Technician – ST
- e) Technician – T
- f) Institutional Member – IM
Click here to see the details of Eligibility Criteria & Educational Qualifications for becoming Technician (T) and Senior Technician (ST) Member
The procedure to apply for ST/T membership is explained here:
- Download application form from official website of AMIE and fill it completely
- Attach requisite documents duly attested by FIE/MIE/AMIE as mentioned in the form
- Get your application form signed by the supporter(s), who is a member of the IEI in the Category of FIE/MIE/AMIE.
- Note that all the documents attached with the membership form must be attested by one of the supporters who has signed the membership form.
- Attach a Demand Draft (DD) in favour of ‘The Institution of Engineers (India)’, payable at Kolkata towards your membership fee of institution.
- Send your completed application form along with the attachments To The Director (Membership), The Institution of Engineers (India), 8 Gokhale Road, Kolkata 700020
- Do not forget to write ‘Membership Application Form’ on the top of the envelope.
DOCUMENTS TO BE ATTACHED WITH ST/T APPLICATION FORM
- Proof of deposition of membership fee.
- Attested copy of Diploma Certificate or Provisional Certificate issued by the Principal in case of diploma holders.
- Attested copy of Final Semester Mark-sheet of diploma, Class X, Class XII, ITI.
- Attested copy of proof of date of birth.
- Attested copy of educational qualifications and mark-sheet of H.S. (10+2) (with coding details of the subjects) in case of Technician applicants.
- Attested copy of Marriage Certificate (if candidate is married) or Affidavit from First Class Magistrate if applicable.
MEMBERSHIP FEE FOR ST/T MEMBERS:
Fee can be paid by following Modes of payment:
- Deposit Cash at IEI, 8 Gokhale Road, Kolkata
- Deposit fee By Demand Draft
- Deposit fee by outstation/multicity cheque
- Deposit fee through AMIE online payment gateway of Institution of Engineers.
Time required before becoming a member
Institute send acknowledgement by SMS within seven working days after receiving the documents with fees. Note down the reference no sent in SMS.
The processing of application form for enrollment as non corporate ST/T members require about three months from the date of acknowledgement.
The candidates can check the list of Senior Technician (ST) and Technician (T) members under the section ‘New Enrollment’ on the AMIE website. The newly enrolled ST/T members Will also be dispatched the Letter of Election , Membership Pack, Study Material and Photo Identity Card. These items are sent by registered post within 2 months after enrollment. Photo identity card and letter of election are sent separately by a registered post.
AMIE STATUS OF APPLICATION FORM:
Candidates in can find the status of their AMIE registration form by following methods
- Through Internet: visit: www.ieindia.org and click on the ‘Membership’ Tab . The list of ‘New Enrolment’ and the list of ‘Discrepancies in Applications’ can be seen here. Candidate can check status here after one month of acknowledgement of application.
- Through IVRS: The Candidate can check the status of their application using IVRS system. Dial (033) 40155400 and follow the Instructions given by the system.