GTU grading and evaluation system
GTU grading and evaluation system consisting of two components :
- End semester examination conducted by the University having weightage 70%
- Internal evaluation conducted by the individual college having weightage 30%
The components of internal evaluation 30 marks
- Mid-semester test 20 marks
- Internal evaluation 10 marks
Mid-semester test will be conducted simultaneously by all the colleges as per the schedule given by GTU. Internal assessment will be based on Assignments, quizzes, Seminars, attendance, etc.
The marks scored by the students in end semester examination (Maximum 70 marks) and internal assessment (maximum 30 marks) are added together and will be converted into letter grade as given below:
GTU Minimum passing marks in a subject are 35%.
GTU Calculation of SPI (Semester Performance Index)
Semester Performance Index is calculated as given here
GTU Calculation of CPI (Cumulative Performance Index)
Cumulative Performance Index is calculated as given here
GTU Award of division
CPI / CGPA Equivalent Class are given here:
- CPI / CGPA 7.1 & above: First Class with Distinction
- CPI / CGPA 6.5 to 7: First Class
- CPI / CGPA 5.5 to 6.5: Second Class
GTU Attendance Rule:
The students should have Minimum 75% attendance in order to appear in End Semester or External Examination.
As per GTU attendance rule absentia of students due to illness Up to 10% may be considered by Institute. If a student is absent for 10 days due to illness than 10% of 10 days that is one day will be considered.
GTU Detention Rules:
A student will be detained if he/she has more than 4 backlog (failed) subjects. As per GTU detention rule, the subjects of the just previous semester are not considered while finding the total number of backlogs.
GTU Gold Medal rules
Following rules are to be followed for the award of GTU gold medal:
- The student should have highest CGPA and he/ she should have passed exams of all the semesters in the first attempt.
- The student with higher CPI is eligible for the award of medal if If there are more than one student having highest CGPA.
- If more than one student has equivalent CGPA and CPI then the student has a higher score in external theory and external practical of last four semesters is eligible for the medal.
- If more than one student has equivalent marks as per criteria 3 then the student having a higher score in external theory and external practical marks of all semesters is eligible for the medal.
You may be interested in
These rules and regulations may be amended at any time. Be in touch with the official website of Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad http://www.gtu.ac.in/