Christ University grading system rules and regulations for Engineering 2016 are given below:
Christ University Grading scheme distribution of marks for Undergraduate Courses
Christ University follows 4 point absolute grading system.
Christ University GPA and CGPA
The grade point average (GPA): For finding out GPA the GRADE POINT is multiplied with number of credits and divided by the sum of total number of credits.
The Cumulative Grade Point Average CGPA is found by adding the total number of earned points [GP x Cr] for all semesters and dividing by the total number of credit hours for all semesters.
Christ University evaluation process
Christ University CIA (Continuous Internal Assessment): Evaluation of the performance of the students is based on
- Continuous Internal Assessment (CIA) for Theory papers: 50%
- End Semester Examination(ESE) : 50%
CIA is divided as follows
- CIA I: marks for Assignments: 10 marks
- CIA II: Marks for Mid-Semester Examination: 25 marks
- CIA III: marks for Assignments: 10 marks
- Marks for Attendance: 05 marks
Christ University minimum passing marks
For passing in a course a student should score minimum 50% in ( ESE plus CIA) While he/she should score separately 40% in ESE.
Christ University promotion rule
- The students who have passed in minimum 50% of the courses of the previous semesters will be promoted to the next year.
- The student should get passed in all first-year courses to get promoted to 3rd year.
- The student should get passed in all 1st year and 2nd-year courses to get promoted to 4th year.
- A student should get passed in all 1st year, 2nd year and 3rd-year courses to get promoted to 5th year.
Christ University attendance rule
The student should have minimum 85% attendance for appearing in End semester examinations. Leave application on medical grounds or student’s participation in co-curricular activities will only be considered if the student is having at least 75% attendance.
All latest updates visit https://christuniversity.in