CAT (Common Admission Test) is an entrance exam for getting admission into MBA courses of IIMs. It is an all-India test conducted by the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) for the admission to the Post-graduate and Fellow Programs in management courses of several management institutes in India. The candidates can find the CAT 2020 exam dates and eligibility criteria here. Tutorial to understand the format of the examination will be available on the CAT website probably from October 2020. Candidates should practice on the tutorials, available on the website, well in advance.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
- The candidate should possess the eligibility for CAT Exam as described below.
- The candidate must be a graduate in any discipline with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA (45% for SC/ST/DA/PWD candidates) or possess an equivalent recognized qualification.
- Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree / equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
- There is no age limit to take CAT.
CAT Important Dates 2020
Following dates are given from last years exam
|Registration Starts from||8th August 2019|
|Registration ends||19th September 2019|
|Admit Card Download Date||24th October 2019|
|Test Day||24th November 2019|
CAT 2018 Exam Pattern
- There may be three sections (100 multiple choice questions).
- Duration of Exam will be 180 minutes.
- Candidates can’t switch from one section to another during the test.
- Some questions in each section may not be of multiple choice type. Answers are to be typed on the screen.
- Use of basic on-screen calculator for computation will be permitted.
- CAT is a computer-based test which will be conducted in multiple cities during a time period of 3-4 weeks.
|Sections||No. of Questions|
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||34|
|Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning (DILR)||32|
|Verbal & Reading Comprehension (VRC)||34|
CAT Exam Syllabus 2018
- Verbal & Reading Comprehension (VRC)
- English/Verbal Ability: Reading comprehension, verbal reasoning, fill in the blanks, sentence correction, idioms,analogies, antonyms and synonyms, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA)
- Maths/Quantitative Ability: Number systems, geometry, trigonometry, probability, permutation combination, algebra, mensuration, quadratic and linear equations, time and work, averages, percentages, profit and loss, etc.
- Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Data Interpretation: Interpretation and analysis of data based on text, tables, venn diagram, graphs (line, area), charts (column, bar, pie), etc.
- Logical Reasoning: linear and matrix arrangement, Clocks, calendars, binary logic, seating arrangement, blood relations, logical sequence, assumption, premise, conclusion, etc.
CAT 2018 Application Form
- For filling up application form for CAT 2018 from the official website www.iimcat.ac.in, first of all Create your Profile. You will be required to fill up Name of Candidate, Date of Birth, Email Address and Mobile Number. You will receive your user id on the email address provided and password on mobile number.
- Using your User ID and Password received login as “Existing User” on the website. The Application Form is divided into the following five sections:
- 1) Personal Details- fill here Father’s/Husband’s/Guardian’s Name, Mother’s Name and Gender, category, address. Upload Documents- Passport Size Photograph and Signature, NC- OBC/SC/ST Certificate, PWD Certificate
- 2) Academics- In this section, you must enter your education details – SSC/10th Std/Equivalent Details, HSC/12th/Equivalent/Diploma Course Details, Bachelor’s Degree Details, Master ‘s Degree Details, Other Professional Degree Details, whichever applicable.
- 3) Work Experience- If you are a candidate with work experience, enter your experience in completed months as on 31st July 2018.
- 4) Programmes- Select the programme and then select the Interview City for that programme. Select your exam center. You can select any four Test Cities as per your preference from the drop down menu.
- 5) Payment- A General / NC-OBC candidate will be charged Rs.1900 while an SC/ST /PWD candidate will be charged Rs.900 to take the CAT 2018 examination. The final amount will also include applicable additional charges. Fee can be deposited by debit / credit card / internet banking.
- Submit Application after entering details and making online payment. You will also receive a confirmation email stating the successful submission of your CAT 2018 Application.
[box title=”Related” style=”soft”]