ANNA UNIVERSITY CBCS AWARD OF BE B TECH DEGREE AND DIVISION IS EXPLAINED HERE:
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE AWARD OF DEGREE
A student shall be declared to be eligible for the award of the B.E. / B.Tech. Degree
provided the student has
i. Successfully gained the required number of total credits as specified in the curriculum
corresponding to the student’s programme within the stipulated time.
ii. Successfully completed the course requirements, appeared for the End-Semester
examinations and passed all the subjects prescribed in all the 8 semesters within a
maximum period of 8 years reckoned from the commencement of the first semester to
which the candidate was admitted.
iii. Successfully passed any additional courses prescribed by the Director, Academic
Courses whenever readmitted under regulations other than R-2015
iv. Successfully completed the NCC / NSS / NSO / YRC requirements.
v. No disciplinary action pending against the student.
vi. The award of Degree must have been approved by the Syndicate of the University.
CLASSIFICATION OF THE DEGREE AWARDED BY ANNA UNIVERSITY
FIRST CLASS WITH DISTINCTION
A student who satisfies the following conditions shall be declared to have passed the
examination in First class with Distinction / honours:
- Should have passed the examination in all the courses of all the eight semesters
in the student’s First Appearance within five years, which includes authorized break of
study of one year. Withdrawal from examination will not be considered as an appearance.
- Should have secured a CGPA of not less than 8.50
- Should NOT have been prevented from writing end semester examination due to lack
of attendance in any of the courses.
ANNA UNIVERSITY FIRST CLASS
A student who satisfies the following conditions shall be declared to have passed the examination in First class:
- Should have passed the examination in all the courses of all eight semesters within five years , which includes one year of authorized break of study (if availed) or prevention from writing the End Semester Examination due to lack of attendance (if applicable).
- Should have secured a CGPA of not less than 7.00
ANNA UNIVERSITY SECOND CLASS
All other students (not covered above) who qualify for the award of the degree shall be declared to have passed the examination in Second Class.
A student who is absent in End Semester Examination in a course / project work after having registered for the same shall be considered to have appeared in that examination (except approved withdrawal from end semester examinations) for the purpose of classification.
[box title=”Related” style=”soft”][/box]