The Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) JEE (Advanced) 2017 will be conducted by the seven zonal IITs for admission to the Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs in 23 IITs and the ISM (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad. Notification for the same is published. IIT Madras is the organizing institute of JEE (Advanced) 2017
Registration starts from
date and time: 28-04-2017, 10:00 IST
Last Date and time to Apply: 02-05-2017, 17:00 IST
Admit Card download date: 10-05-2017, 10:00 IST to 21-05-2017, 09:00 IST
Exam Date: 21-05-2017 in two session
Result: 11-06-2017, 10:00 IST
Note: There will be two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2, each of three hours duration.Time of Paper 1 09:00 to 12:00 IST, Paper 2 14:00 to 17:00 IST
Candidates who fulfil following Eligibility Criteria of JEE Advanced will be allowed to take the Exam:
1) You are required to be among the top 2,20,000 (including all categories) by scoring positive marks in Paper-1 of JEE (Main) 2017.
2) You should have been born on or after October 1, 1992 (for SC, ST and PwD candidates- October 1, 1987).
3) You can attempt the exam a maximum of two times in consecutive years.
4) You are eligible if you have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination in either 2016 or 2017. However, candidates who have appeared in qualifying exam in the academic year 2014-15 but their result were declared after June 2015 are also eligible.
5) You should not have been admitted in an IIT in the past. You are also not eligible If your admission at IITs earlier was cancelled.
There will be two question papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2 of three hours duration each. Both papers are compulsory. Each question paper will consist of three separate sections, viz., Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. The question papers will consist of objective type (multiple choice and numerical answer type) questions designed to test comprehension,reasoning and analytical ability of candidates. Negative marks will be awarded for incorrect answers to some of the questions.
Syllabus will be that of 12th class syllabus. Students will be expected to answer fundamental questons.
Candidates are required to register for appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2017 through the online portal www.jeeadv.ac.in First of all candidate will have to login. Here candidate has to provide the basic data. He / she will give the choice of the language of question paper (English or Hindi). He / she will give the choices of the cities for the examination. Candidate will upload the scanned copies of all requisite documents. Lastly, the candidate will pay registration fee.
Exam Fee for Examination
Centres in India
Female Candidates : INR 1200
SC, ST, PwD Candidates : INR 1200
All Other Candidates : INR 2400
Late Fee : INR 500