The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2018 is being conducted by IISc and IITs for admission of candidates for higher education (e.g., M.E./M.Tech/ Direct Ph.D.) in IITs, IISc and various other Institutes/Universities/Laboratories in India. GATE score is also used for recruitment of candidates in some National/State Public Sector Undertakings in India. GATE exams are conducted as a computer based test having multiple choice questions and numerical answer type questions. GATE 2018 will tests the knowledge of the candidates in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science.
GATE 2018 shall hold examinations for candidates in Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Nepal, Singapore, Sri Lanka, and United Arab Emirates. Many GATE qualified candidates are get scholarships/assistantship funded by Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India and by other Ministries. GATE score is valid for three years. Thus, GATE is one of the opportunities to make career advancement.
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati is the Organzing Institute for GATE 2018.
1. Bachelor’s degree
in Engineering/ Technology / Architecture / Science OR
2. Master's degree in Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Application OR
3. Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering / Technology OR
4. Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology OR
5. Integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B. Sc/M. Sc. program OR
6. B.E./B.Tech./B.Arch. equivalent examinations, of Professional Societies, recognized by MHRD/UPSC/AICTE (e.g., AMIE by Institution of Engineers-India, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India) are eligible to apply.
Candidates who are in final year of criteria 1, 2, 5, OR in 2nd/3rd/4th year of criteria 3 OR in 4th/5th year of criteria 4 OR Completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses of criteria 6 are also eligible to apply.
Gate Application Fee is
Fee for Women candidates
Fee for SC/ST/PwD* category candidates Rs. 750
Fee for All other candidates Rs. 1500
Fee for GATE International candidates US Dollars 50